Refresher course in French, German or Spanish for Primary School Teachers.
1 day course
9.30 to 3.45 with light lunch (bring your own) refreshments available.
Fee: £60 (does not include lunch)
Suitable for primary teachers who have been teaching in primary school for a while and want to refresh their skills. Also for those who did the MLPS course a while ago.
Small group, 8 students only per class. The tutor is a native French, Spanish or German speaker, the aim of the course is to provide a taste of a near-total language experience close to home.
• To improve participants’ competence and performance in the language.
• To boost confidence in using the language in the classroom.
• Tips to include the curriculum for excellence
• To improve methodological expertise in the teaching of the language to young learners
• To provide participants with materials and ideas suitable for the teaching of the language at primary level.
9.30 – 10.30: Going over the basics in the areas of vocabulary and grammar.
10.30 – 10.45: coffee break
10.45 – 12.15: Pronunciation workshop
12.15 – 1.45: lunch break
1.45- 2.45: From speaking to writing. Including the curriculum for excellence.
2.45 – 3: coffee break
3 - 3.45: examples of good practice, including classroom activities/games and other suitable activities.
Language days may be organised if there is sufficient demand, please let us know if interested as soon as possible.email us for more details